[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 32
From: morpheus
Date: 2004-09-15 10:07:16 -0400
Subject: [SIQ] 020 Re: Business model?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I agree.  Eric Raymond wrote a couple essays on this topic.  I'm pretty
much in line with the view that the software should remain free for
everyone to use and maybe some sort of support contracts can be sold.
Mysql has persued this avenue.  You could also release a product (and it's
source) and offer the service of customizing it for someones needs for a
fee.

I understand your situation, it's everyone's right to be able to put food
on their tables while enjoying what they do.  However, acting on a set of
principles is also important.  I only use open-source software for this
reason.  Take the good with the bad.

k.