[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 2
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2004-09-14 06:44:20 -0400

Mailing list removal and archive information found here:
           http://www.milter.info/#Support
(in place of my address book) on my server for questions, support, and
discussions related to my milters. Its been has been requested time
and again and I've been pre-occupied with projects to deal with it
before now. The web site:

	http://www.milter.info/

provides the details on how to get on and off this mailing list. I
can't say just yet what sort of volume or activity there will be, but
I suspect it will be light. Derek Balling's http://www.milter.org/
blog will continue to be used for announcements in addition to this
list.

The second and more contraversal point of this mailing is I have a
survey I wish to conduct, which I have been convinced by some people
of its necessity, so my apologies before hand.

As some of you may know, I work as a programmer/sys.admin for a small
ISP in the south of France. Many of the ideas for my milters have been
spawned in response to being the one responsible for my employer's
mail servers and trying to hold back the flood of spam and bulk mail
viruses that enter port 25. I hope many of you have found that my
milter software has been helpful to that end.

With nine milter titles now available and three more already in the
works or planned for, I find that the lines between my day job and my
software design efforts have become more and more fuzzy. I am a
programmer by trade and passion, while system administration is not my
strong suit. So I'm now considering leaving my day job to start my own
independent software business with my milters as my initial product
catalog.

With that goal in mind, I've been convinced by some sale-types of the
need to conduct a survey concerning the distribution and intended
pricing of my software. Essentially I have to figure out the market.
Currently I see my target market as being corporate to small
businesses operating Sendmail servers.

I kindly ask of you to take the time to reply to these questions
honestly. Negative feedback is welcomed, though I ask you to be
polite. Please follow the following link to fill in the survey:

	http://www.milter.info/survey/

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

            "Once...we were here."  - Last of The Mohicans

Lists Index Date Thread Search