[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 15
From: Jamie Jones
Date: 2004-09-14 17:29:01 -0400
Subject: A sad state of affairs....

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Good idea on the list - I've occasionally had "silly problems"
that I've wanted to avoid disturbing Anthony with directly -
now I can just bug everyone else instead !

However, it's a sad state of affairs where the majority
of posts to date are complaining about being added to the
list illegally.

Anthony pointed out it isn't, but even if it was, C'MON!

These rules are made to block spammers, commercial junkers,
and so on - ironically, mainly the sort of people Anthonys
software is designed to thwart.

This is a small support related list for a product we've all
enjoyed for free - if you want to start jumping up and down
about illegal email, REMOVE Anthonys filters, then moan to
the people who send all the crap you will then receive!

On an unrelated note, I had 2 of my addreses subscribed - on
unsubscribing one, I got the helpfile sent back saying no
command found - I had "remove" in the subject... I've just
tried again, with "remove" in the body... Have I messed up,
or does the command need to be in the body, not the subject
as implied ?

cheers

Lists Index Date Thread Search