[BarricadeMX] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 26
From: Mike Bacher
Date: 2010-03-04 19:39:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: BMX log searching

> However, I think merging sendmail related lines may not be practical.
> Also note that BMX works with all manner of MTAs, which may or may not
> be local to the machine.

sendmail seems to be the default MTA for BMX (the instance that listens on port
26 and is used for queueing, etc).  The reason that we need it is that we have
an incomplete picture of the mail delivery process with only "smtpf" lines
included in the search (that is, we need to see the resulting message ID from
the recipient mail server in some cases, which is only available in the sendmail
lines in the maillog) -- so we end up having to just grep the maillog manually,
which isn't and convenient as the WUI.

--

Mike Bacher / mikeb@tulsaconnect.com
TCIS - TulsaConnect Internet Services