[BarricadeMX] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 21
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-03-04 17:00:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: Re: DBL / 2.3.12

On 04/03/2010 17:34, Mike Bacher whispered from the shadows...:
> Understood.. I assume you will announce the official 2.3.12 release to
> this list?

Here and by FSL; but if you have automatic updated enabled, then when n
the update comes available in FSL's yum repository you'll pick up the
change. FreeBSD users will have to get it manually.

> URI blacklists have been one of the most effective blocking mechanisms
> for us, so we are excited to try out the DBL.

> BTW, you might consider setting the Reply-to on list postings back to
> the list..

That was the original default, until I switched to Private Wimp MLM that
I wrote, where it is off by default. Not every one approves of
Reply-To-List as default and now in Thunderbird they have a new button
call "Reply-To-List" that appears active if the message supplies the
suitable X-List headers. So Reply-To sender as default is saner, given
MUA buttons (assuming of course one uses Thunderbird). Just wish
Thunderbird would add a Leave-List button too just for completeness.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search