[BarricadeMX] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 19
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-03-04 11:24:08 -0500
Subject: Re: DBL / 2.3.12

On 04/03/2010 17:13, Mike Bacher whispered from the shadows...:
> Is the 2.3.12 version officially available yet?  I have the DBL set up

Not as yet.

> in my Spamhaus rsync and being read in by rbldnsd, so all I have left is
> to get BMX to use it.  Was there something special with DBL vs. normal
> URI blacklists that you had to change BMX to accommodate?

Yes. SpamHaus DBL only allows domain name lookups, not IP lookups,
unlike SURBL and URIBL. In addition to discourage IP lookups on DBL,
SpamHaus returns a false positive code and will eventually blacklist an
abuser. Thus the code had to be changed to ensure that IP lookups are
not sent to the DBL.

The DBL support was added to milter-link and BarricadeMX earlier this
week. FSL and I are currently testing BarricadeMX 2.3.12 concerning DBL
and some of the other non-related changes recently made.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search