[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3972
From: James Poe
Date: 2016-01-22 14:53:38 -0500
Subject: RE: smfOptTable

Thank you for rapid response!!!
Deleting previous install attempt, before I found the sendmail-devel rpm package, fixed
the problem.
I installed the sendmail-devel after my first attempt to install milter-bcc
Everything is working great now! Thanks

>On 22 Jan 2016 13:24, James Poe wrote:
>> In building the libsnert and milter-bcc everything goes smoothly until
>> I run "make build" in the /milter-bcc directory, then I get the
following error:
>> /tmp/ccWfyD5v.0(.text+0x7aa) In Function 'main' undefined reference to
>> 'smfOptTable'
>
>At the end of the libsnert configure, does it show it found the libmilter library AND
headers?

>Many package systems separate what they think is application, libraries, and
development (in an old disk space limitation issue).

>So make sure you have libmilter-devel installed, which will trigger the building of
mail/smf.c from libsnert.

>Likewise, make sure the Berkeley DB devel matching your install Berkeley DB is also
installed.  If you are using something much newer (BDB 5+) >you probably need an update
from me which i have.

>> I did notice that after running "configure" in the milter-bcc
>> directory that the variable "exec_prefix"
>> Has no directory entry after the ${prefix}...which maybe normal but
> looks out of place.
>
>Shouldn't be an issue. By default exec_prefix = prefix, only if you specified
something special with --exec-prefix would that change.

>> I can dump the output if needed.
>
>I think I have an idea what's wrong:
>
>a. Install libmilter-devel or equivalent
>
>b. You might need unoffical update from me directly.
>
>> I have RedHat el4 with sendmail 8.13.1 and libmilter is installed
>
>8.13.1 is really old, given there is 8.15.2.  My milter support should change much
between them, but your Sendmail security issues might.

Lists Index Date Thread Search