[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3917
From: Eduardo Casarero
Date: 2014-11-16 18:25:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Documentation query

Hi jon, what version are you running? I found the same issue when trying
to run milter-ahead in ubuntu 14.04, I couldn't find a solution, if I
forced 1 host to send all the call-ahead it worked, but if it had to
look in the mailertable it won't.

On 14/11/14 17:00, Richard Mealing wrote:
> Well from my reading it says you are clear where it should go, so it won't do an mx
lookup or do a test ahead.
> I guess you could just have a local DNS server and zone file for your domains, if you
want to do this lookup, instead of the mailer table thing.
> Rich
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 14 Nov 2014, at 17:15, Jon Rowlan <jon.rowlan@sads.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to work out on one of my servers, why milter-ahead doesn't seem to be
looking ahead.

>> I have mail from someone@hotmail.com being delivered to one of my domains that I
have in access as

>> domain.com        RELAY
>>
>> and where I have a mailertable entry
>>
>> domain.com        esmtp:[server.anotherdomain.com]
>>
>> Reading a paragraph near the top of the web page, I don't quite understand but I
think this means that I should be getting a look ahead:

>> "With the square-brackets around a host name or IP address, the route is
well defined and the postmaster knows exactly which server is the next hop for mail in the
recipient domain. This milter does not perform MX lookups when the square brackets are
missing by default and thus would skip the call-ahead test (see mx-lookup)."

>> This suggests that if square brackets are present a look ahead should be run.
>>
>> Is there any other reason why the look ahead simply doesn't work?
>>
>> I am seeing:
>>
>> Nov 14 16:25:34 ant milter-ahead[10808]: 01688 sAEGPWiI026339:
address='jon.rowlan6@hotmail.com' localleft='jon.rowlan6' localright=''
domain='hotmail.com' auth='(null)'

smfAccessPattern(80a3748, xxx@domain.com, (null), 0) rc=95 action='(no action)'