[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 3333
From: Sascha Klauder
Date: 2013-01-18 07:13:03 -0500
Subject: milter-ahead not calling ahead on non-standard port

Hi all!

 I haven't been able to discourage one of our customers from
using a non-standard port on his antispam appliance.  I have
in milter-ahead.cf:

cache-accept-ttl=604800
cache-reject-ttl=3600
cache-type=bdb
call-ahead-db=text!/etc/mail/call-ahead-db.txt
-rfc2821-syntax
-mx-lookup
+daemon

and in call-ahead-db.txt:

customer-domain.de [ip.address.of.customer]:8825

 There's a mailer named "esmtp8825" defined in Sendmail to
talk smtp on port 8825 for this customer.  Milter-ahead picks
this up correctly, but, verified by network trace, it's trying
to connect to port 25 then anyway.

 While documentation suggests that non-standard ports are
supported and milter-ahead.c actually parses the port speci-
fier, it seems to ignore it later and always uses a defined
constant SMTP_PORT when contacting the target host.

Is call-ahead supported for non-standard ports?

Cheers,
-sascha

Lists Index Date Thread Search