[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1062
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-09-08 10:24:16 -0400
Subject: Re: fixcrio in milter

On 07/09/2010 23:21, Hans Svensson whispered from the shadows...:
> I wonder if it's possible to use any of SnertSoft's milters to fix bare
> linefeeds? It would save me the time trying to fix the problem at the
> other two ends. Having mail rejected from qmail with
>
> (reason: 451 See _http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html._)
>
> shouldn't have to happen.
>
> We use sendmail 8.14.3-9ubuntu1 and currently have milter-ahead,
> milter-spamc, milter-gris and milter-clamc.

I am unaware of any bare LF issues in the current versions of my milters.

milter-ahead and milter-gris should not be affected since they deal only
with SMTP session and transaction details (IP, sender, recipient or
similar).

milter-spamc and milter-clamc do not modify the message body and any LF
issues tend to be when passing information to spamd or clamd. This
information is passed as is received from sendmail.

The milters may add message headers, but sendmail handles the adding of
newline endings. My milters do not modify body content.

Bare LF issues have not come up before WRT milter and MTA. I need more
specifics as to which milter & version, libsnert & version. Best to make
sure your milters are up to date. There is to be a libsnert update some
time very soon.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search