[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 606
From: Christopher Lindsey
Date: 2010-06-01 16:56:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Comments on this backscatterer.org?

On Dec 10, 2008 Anthony Howe wrote:

> > Ultimately we ended up dropping milter-sender because it didn't have
> > a shared data pool for our multiple servers, so an email could end
> > up getting greylisted multiple times (once per server).  This RBL
> > was just the nail in the coffin for us.
>
> Something I've mentioned many times last year, which is implemented in
> BarricadeMX, is the multicast/unicast cache API has _still_ to be back
> ported to those milters using a cache (-ahead, -gris, -error, -sender,
> ...) which solves the cluster issue very nicely. Steve Freegard of FSL
> can attest to the effectiveness MCC API.

Hi Anthony,

I was attempting to use milter-gris against certain problematic IP ranges
to block spam, but once again ran into the issue where our multiple relay
hosts were holding mail up too long since they didn't share greylist
information.

Has there been any progress one way or another?

Thanks!

Chris

Christopher Lindsey          Technical Program Manager
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)

Lists Index Date Thread Search