[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 273
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2010-01-28 01:05:59 -0500
Subject: Re: libsnert 1.73.5

Please send to the list in plain text, HTML messages will be rejected by
Wimp in future (now that I fixed the bug).

On 27/01/2010 21:14, Khuu, Linh MicroTech whispered from the shadows...:
> I’ve downloaded libsnert 1.73.5, to an AIX 5.3 system.

It has been some time since libsnert was last compiled on AIX.

1. Is this a 64-bit system? What is the uname -m output so that I can
update the configure script. Use --enable-64bit if necessary.

>         gcc  -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -I../../../include   -L../../../lib
> -L../../../lib  -o popin popin.c -lsnert  -ldl
>
> popin.c: In function 'syslog':
>
> popin.c:132: warning: implicit declaration of function 'vsyslog'
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .vsyslog

2. Check man vsyslog and/or /usr/include/syslog.h. You system should
have a syslog and vsyslog functions common to all unix look a likes. For
some reason the configure script did not detect it. The man page might
explain if any special flags, libraries, or what-nots are required. I'll
need this info to update the configure script.

Please send off-list libsnert's config.log.

> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pthread_mutex_lock
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pthread_mutex_unlock

3. Hmm. popin really doesn't need pthread_mutex_lock/unlock which comes
from io/Log.c. Check if AIX has flockfile and funlockfile functions.

Again send the config.log

Also send off-list the include/version.h generated by configure.

4. If at all possible a normal ssh account on an AIX 5.3 machine would
be of help to update the libsnert configure and build process to the
latest state of the world. Contact me off-list.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search