[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 131
From: Randy Jones
Date: 2009-11-06 14:33:26 -0500
Subject: problems compiling libsnert on Solaris 10

I am attempting to compile libsnert on Solaris 10u8 with Sun Studio 12.
I am building like this:
setenv CC cc
./configure
make

Results of make are:
.
.
.
==> /files/source/sendmail/milter-bcc/com/snert/src/lib/net

cc  -I/opt/csw/bdb4/include/. -D_REENTRANT -I../../../include -o server.o -c server.c
"server.c", line 366: prototype mismatch: 2 args passed, 1 expected
cc: acomp failed for server.c
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `server.o'
Current working directory /files/source/sendmail/milter-bcc/com/snert/src/lib/net
sh: mail:  not found
sh: sys:  not found
sh: tools:  not found
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for i in crc object type util io net mail sys tools; do cd $i && make  build
&& cd .. ; done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `build'
spock%

So make is failing on line 366 of server.c in the net directory:
                 if (sigwait(&signals->signal_set, &signal))

The man page for sigwait on Sun is this:

spock% man sigwait
Reformatting page.  Please Wait... done

System Calls                                           sigwait(2)

NAME
      sigwait - wait until a signal is posted

SYNOPSIS
      #include <signal.h>

      int sigwait(sigset_t *set);

   Standard conforming
      cc [ flag ... ] file ... -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS [ library...]
      #include <signal.h>

      int sigwait(const sigset_t *set, int *sig);
.
.
.

So we definitely have a problem here. sigwait() on Solaris takes 1 arg:
sigwait(sigset_t *set)

and line 366 is calling sigwait with 2 args:
sigwait(&signals->signal_set, &signal)

What do I need to do in order to compile libsnert so I can get milter-bcc
going?

Thanks
--
Randy Jones