[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 2010
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2009-05-20 01:30:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Tag lines in milter-ahead.cf

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jon Rowlan uttered...:
> milter-ahead-Connect:10.3                  [10.3.3.21/32]OK REJECT

Is access-db defined in milter-ahead.cf? By default is it OFF since it
is typically not required.

> and
>
> tag: milter-ahead-Connect:10.3                  [10.3.3.21/32]OK REJECT

There is no tag called "tag:" The tag is "milter-ahead-Connect:"

> to my.cf file and neither seems to do the trick.

It doesn't go into the milter-ahead.cf file. It goes into the access.db.
See the access-db option.

> I want to allow a particular server to relay through without =
> milter-ahead calling ahead.

The above should work once you setup access-db properly.

> The problem I have is that the client sending the mail doesnt wait =

Sounds like they've shorten the default RFC 5321 timeouts for commands
and connections. They should be told to restore them to the original values.

> around for the call ahead to the remote system which generally takes up =

Call-ahead is NOT suppose to be applied to outbound mail. Only inbound.

> to a minute before coming back with a "recipient OK". As its a RAID =
> monitoring system I cant change the software so wanted to just let the =
> mail pass straight through.
>
> The online page discusses "tags" but I can't work out whether I need to =
> put tag: at the beginning of the line or not.

The list of supported tags appears in the table under access-db.

> I would like to see milter-aheads behaviour but I seem to be suffering =
> from delayed entries in my syslog and mail.log which means that I dont =
> see the logs until the entire message is complete but there is no =
> mention of anything from milter-ahead at all.

Make sure you set your /etc/syslogd.conf

	mail.*	/var/log/maillog

Then HUP syslogd.

Then you can restart milter-ahead with:

	milter-ahead -restart verbose+=info,dialog

And you'll see the debug SMTP dialog in the maillog.

--
Anthony C Howe            Skype: SirWumpus                  SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Twitter: SirWumpus      BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search