[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 2003
From: Michael Grant
Date: 2009-05-15 17:47:55 -0400
Subject: debian packages

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I seem to have successfully convinced debian-lenny to build and
install a package for me as opposed to doing a make install in
/usr/local.  Here is what I did:

apt-get install sendmail
apt-get install libmilter1.0.1
ln -s /usr/lib/libmilter.so.1.0.1 /usr/lib/libmilter.so   # needed
because it seems to be missing in libmilter1.0.1 (thanks tp Skull for
finding this!)
apt-get install libmilter-dev
apt-get install gcc
apt-get install libdb4.6-dev
apt-get install checkinstall

download and untar libsnert and any milters you want inside a directory:
mkdir snertsoft
cd snertsoft
tar -zxf libsnert-1.70.10.tar.gz
tar -zxf milter-clamc-0.6.tar.gz

cd snertsoft/com/snert/src/lib
./configure --without-sqlite3  # or leave out the --without-sqlite3 if
you need it.
make build

cd ../milter-xxx    # where milter-xxx is something like milter-clamc
./configure --prefix=/usr
make build
checkinstall -D --pkgname `sed 's/-[0-9].*$//' FILE.TXT`
--pkgversion=`cat VERSION.TXT`
--requires='libmilter-dev,libmilter1.0.1' make install

checkinstall will ask you for a description, type something meaningful
and press enter twice, and then enter again to install the package.
checkinstall magically does a make install inside a chroot, figures
out what got installed, makes a package out of it, and installs a
debian package which can later be removed or upgraded.

Michael Grant

Lists Index Date Thread Search