[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1994
From: Michael Grant
Date: 2009-05-02 05:19:51 -0400
Subject: Re: debian build problems

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 10:54, Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com> wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> Michael Grant uttered...:
>> To solve this problem:
>> apt-get install libdb-dev
>
> libsnert tries do do this itself.

I tried this on two completely separate machines running Debian Lenny
and it doesn't actually succeed in doing this.

>> ***************************************************************
>> Oi! You must install Sendmail's libmilter and associated C
>> headers first, then reconfigure and rebuild LibSnert again,
>> before reconfiguring and building this milter.
>> ***************************************************************
>>
>> is there something I need to do to get this to build properly on debian?
>
> Install the libmilter development package then reconfigure and rebuild
> libsnert, then configure and build the milter.

You mean install this:

libmilter-dev - Sendmail Mail Filter API (Milter)

apt-get install libmilter-dev
libmilter-dev is already the newest version.

It's as if it's not finding the libmilter.

Also, secondly, I'm just typing ./configure; make; make install,
should I be doing some sort of debian package thing instead of make
install?  Perhaps I'm missing some well known debian step for which I
am unaware of?

Michael

Lists Index Date Thread Search