[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1992
From: Michael Grant
Date: 2009-05-01 09:30:31 -0400
Subject: debian build problems

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I'm trying to build libsnert and some of the milters on debian lenny.

First problem I encountered was in ./configure in the lib dir, if no
berkeley db is installed, it loops infinity with messages like this:

checking for db.h in /usr/include/db-4... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db4... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db-3.3... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db3.3... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db33... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db-3.2... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db3.2... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db32... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db-3... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db3... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/db... no
checking for db.h in /usr/include/.... no

To solve this problem:
apt-get install libdb-dev

now the lib appears to make and install without errors.  Install seems
just install the libs in com/snert/lib.  I see libsnert.a in there.

However, now when I cd to say ../milter-spamc and type ./configure, I get this:

Oi! You must install Sendmail's libmilter and associated C
headers first, then reconfigure and rebuild LibSnert again,
before reconfiguring and building this milter.

is there something I need to do to get this to build properly on debian?

Michael Grant

Lists Index Date Thread Search