[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1947
From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
Date: 2009-01-22 16:33:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Caution concerning use of uribl.com

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Grant Taylor wrote:

> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> On 01/22/09 11:26, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>> Moreover, wouldn't it simply be practical for a spammer to flood the
>> uribl servers with requests from the (presumed) ip of your
>> mailserver, thus to prevent access to it by you?
>
> This /might/ work for a while.  However I think that if the volume of
> purported mail servers being ""blocked would get someones attention thus
> prompting URIBL to re-consider their decision(s).  Or, people may just
> stop using URIBL all together.

Heh, on the same note I could see a couple of source-rewriting rules that
could let me round-robin my source addresses to these types of lists
rather easily.

Yes, it's dirty, but so is causing all my mail to be flagged as spam.

Personally, I would rather a system where I can register my source
address, and be emailed when I exceed a threshhold (or am approaching that
point.)

-Dan

--

Amerikanskaya firma Transceptor Technology pristupila k poizvodstu komputerov
"Personal'ni Sputnik"

Translates as: 'American company Transceptor Technology commenced the production of the
computer "personal sputnik"'

--Snap, "The Power"