[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1925
From: Steve Freegard
Date: 2008-12-10 17:10:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Comments on this backscatterer.org?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> Christopher P. Lindsey uttered...:
>
>> Ultimately we ended up dropping milter-sender because it didn't have
>> a shared data pool for our multiple servers, so an email could end
>> up getting greylisted multiple times (once per server).  This RBL
>> was just the nail in the coffin for us.
>>

> Something I've mentioned many times last year, which is implemented in
> BarricadeMX, is the multicast/unicast cache API has _still_ to be back
> ported to those milters using a cache (-ahead, -gris, -error, -sender,
> ...) which solves the cluster issue very nicely. Steve Freegard of FSL
> can attest to the effectiveness MCC API.

Yep - I sure can.  As it uses SQLite for storage it's also really easy
to query:

[root@mail smtpf]# sqlite3t cache.sq3
SQLite version 3.6.6.2
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> select substr(k,0,4) as k, substr(d,0,1) as d, count(*) as count
from mcc group by substr(k,0,4), substr(d,0,1) order by count desc;
grey|0|37894
grey|4|25224
rcpt|2|21769
dupm|6|1291