[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1871
From: Rose, Bobby
Date: 2008-05-20 18:01:20 -0400
Subject: Milter-Sender and Postmaster

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I can't recall but I think asked about this before.  Ever since I've
been using milter-sender 1.16, I have problems getting email from
postmaster@domain <mailto:postmaster@domain> .  My config is still set
to "not" use postmaster for callbacks and is still using <>.  The
rejection error states

Milter: cmd=data, reject=550 5.7.1 Message from <postmaster@domain.com
<mailto:postmaster@domain.com> > not permitted.

I even have in my access file
Spam:postmaster@                FRIEND
milter-sender-to:postmaster@    OK
and even if the remote postmaster is trying to email postmaster @ my
domain it fails so it's made it difficult to get troubleshooting info
from remote postmasters.

Another problem involves the RFC 2606 check.  Is it possible for it to
delay reject until after the recipient has been received so that the
accessdb can be checked for overrides based on recipient, especially
postmaster?  I know that it's documented what DeferHeloReject does but
is there are reason it can't wait for recipient before rejecting like
DeferMailReject?

Thanks
Bobby Rose
MSIS Network Operations
Wayne State University School of Medicine

Lists Index Date Thread Search