[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1804
From: Thom Paine
Date: 2007-11-08 12:19:20 -0500
Subject: Milter-Gris with Sendmail & Whitelisting

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I'm having a problem with the Ontario Government mail server hammering
the hell out of my server every minute, trying to send email.
Rather than starting a futile argument with someone there, I would
like to add them to a whitelist.

I read through the docs, and I see it talking about adding domains and
ip to a whitelist, and other ones like the ebay alerts and things like
that, but I'm unsure where to put them.

I don't seem to have an /etc/greylist.conf file on my system. Do I
therefore add these ip's to my /etc/mail/access file? And if so, do I
just place the IP there, or do I need to put OK after it as well?

Could someone provide me a quick example to get me started?

The offending mailserver is this in my log:

Nov  4 12:39:00 mail sendmail[8786]: lA4Hcxs9008786:
from=<Ron.Langer@ontario.ca>, size=260107, class=0, nrcpts=0,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=ctspotdcemmsg02.cihs.gov.on.ca
[204.41.5.22]

It started sending mail on Oct 30 and tried every minute......

--
-=/>Thom

Lists Index Date Thread Search