[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1758
From: Rose, Bobby
Date: 2007-10-06 09:35:31 -0400
Subject: Milters and access.db

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Is there a scenario whereby the access file isn't reopened even if it's
changed and the snert milters don't use the access file at all for 10
minutes?  Back in July I attempted to use milter-error but had to stop
because sometimes it wouldn't find my tags for excluding systems.  A
couple weeks ago, I enabled the greylisting of milter-sender but I then
began to see that it too will on occassion not read tags either until I
makemap my access file again or wait for a 10 minute chime. I've tried a
couple scenarios to try to duplicate the issue but haven't been able to.

I probably see it more than most because I have a script that parse my
maillogs for SpamAssassin markers for stats and if it sees too many from
the same IP in a threshold time, I temp block them by modifying a text
file that is cat'd with my main access file to a temp file which is
makemapped into the access.db.  But I only recently starting using a
separate autoblock file since before I was appending the main access
file and makemapping it.  At most, the access.db is rebuilt every
10minutes.  Now I thought it was my process that makemapped the access
file causing milter-sender to reopen the access.db but it would do it
even if there hadn't been any changes since the last makemap.  Almost as
if it finally saw the access.db had changed on the 10minute mark.

Any ideas?

Bobby Rose
Senior Systems Administrator
MSIS Network Operations
Wayne State University School of Medicine
=20

Lists Index Date Thread Search