[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1752
From: Greg Matthews
Date: 2007-10-01 08:30:27 -0400
Subject: milter-ahead questions

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Back in August I asked a couple of questions about milter-ahead. I've
attached the mail below. In summary:
1. is it possible to defer rather than reject? and would this help me
use max-failures?
2. is the cache refreshed with each hit or only after the original cache
entry has expired?

many thanks

GREG
--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford

--

-- File: [milters] milter-ahead address harvesting

Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:13:26 +0100
From: Greg Matthews <gmatt@nerc.ac.uk>
To: milters@milter.info
Subject: [milters] milter-ahead address harvesting
  ____
  Ceci est le rapport SpamAssassin pour ce message. Il contient
  une ou plusieurs report lignes pour chaque regle. Chaque ligne
  contient le report nom d'une regle, son score, et report sa
  breve description.
  ____
   0.1 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list
  ____
  SpamAssassin/3.1.8
  ____
Sender: milters-bounce@milter.info

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Is it possible for this to result in a temporary failure (4xx) rather
than a permanent failure (5xx) so that once the cache expires, these
"benign" MTAs can try again?

That way I could set the cache-reject-ttl to something relatively short
(say one hour) and the sending MTA could retry. This may not work if the
sending MTA retries inside one hour and refreshes the cache - does the
cache work like that? or are entries expired after the ttl regardless of
how recently they were used?

GREG