[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1676
From: Gary Faith
Date: 2007-09-03 08:23:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-Ahead Problem - Maybe

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I saw this ( http://technoids.org/dossed.html) yesterday.  I implemented connection
control, limited everyone to 2 simultaneous connections and raised MaxDaemonChildren to
25; however, it only take 13 senders to get stuck then I can't process mail again.
Fortunately, this is happening less often now.

Gary Faith

Anthony Howe wrote:
> However, I suspect the issue is not with the milters. Sendmail being
> stuck in cmd read until timeout would indicate to me that some SMTP
> clients just don't bother to QUIT and close their sockets if they get a
> temp. fail (grey-listing) or reject (unknown RCPT) response. I've seen
> some spamware / bots do this on occasion. Whether it is intentional
> (DoS) or just bad programming in the SMTP client is unknown.

See this thread...

http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2007-September/077915.html

or

http://technoids.org/dossed.html

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search