[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1665
From: DAve
Date: 2007-08-30 09:27:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-ahead and milter-gris. Using the access file

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

DAve wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> Good morning,
>
> I have just finished setting up a new test server as we are upgrading
> all software on our mail gateways and I want to test the whole package
> before rollout. Currently we are using a very old and moldy version of
> milter-ahead and milter-greylist. We are testing the newest milter-ahead
> and milter-gris.
>
> Setup looked good, testing shows the milters are working as advertised.
> However, I am confused a bit on the use of the access file to control
> whitelist/blacklist on messages via the milters. Things such as
> milter-gris-Connect:, milter-gris-From:, and milter-gris-To:. I have
> read the docs but I may be just too dense to grasp the concepts.
>
> I can test at will so experimentation is ok, but I would like to know if
> there are any examples out there to look through. A cookbook, how-to,
> etc. I tried the archives and searched the usual places. No joy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DAve

Hmmm, still confused. I have my test server running in VMWare inside my
NOC network. I am trying to send a test message from with the NOC. I
cannot seem to get milter-gris to whitelist. I have tried the following
which after reading several posts in the archives seems as it should work.

Connect:10.0.241.	OK
milter-ahead-Connect:	REJECT

I would think that would whitelist milter-gris and still allow
milter-ahead to work. When I try to send a message I see in the log
where milter-gris reopens the /etc/mail/access.db file, as it should
since I remade it.

But still, milter-gris tells me to try again later. Any thoughts?

DAve

--
Veterans?

Lists Index Date Thread Search