[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1636
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-08-13 13:26:39 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-cli rules not working?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Kevin Kretz wrote:
> My cf file is /etc/mail/cli-access.db.  I'm sure that milter-cli is

The cf file is NOT the access.db file. The former is configuration
options the latter access control. Are you talking the access-db option
or the file option?

> looking at the right file, because when I rename it, it complains:
>
>        Aug 13 11:48:54 intmail-fw milter-cli[11429]: open error hash
> "/etc/mail/cli-access.db": No such file or directory

Please show the options in question you have changed.

> I'm connecting from a machine at IP (changed) 1.2.3.4 and am sending a
> test message from kevin@mywork.com (changed) to kevin@kretz.net.  I've
> tried the following cli-access tables:

I'm assuming your /etc/mail/milter-cli.cf file has the following option
setting:

access-db=/etc/mail/cli-access.db

which is different from the default.

> milter-cli-Connect:1.2.3.4 REJECT
> milter-cli-To:kretz.net              REJECT
>
> milter-cli-Connect:1.2.3.4 REJECT
> milter-cli-To:kevin@kretz.net             REJECT
>
> milter-cli-Connect:1.2.3.4 REJECT
> milter-cli-To:!*kevin@kretz.net*!               REJECT

First multiple milter-cli-Connect:1.2.3.4 have no affect. They do not
work in combination with other tags (this has been a point of discussion
in a separate thread for a new set of tags to do combinations).

Second this "milter-cli-To:!*kevin@kretz.net*! REJECT" will not work.
You want to say:

milter-cli-To:kretz.net		!*kevin@kretz.net*!REJECT

The left-hand-side can NOT specify a pattern, only the right-hand-side
can contain a list of pattern-action pairs and default.

> and none of those seem to reject a mail from client 1.2.3.4 to address
> kevin@kretz.net, though it does seem to recognize the 1.2.3.4 rule:

Currently no way to do this combo.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search