[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1633
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-08-08 07:14:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Getting milter-clamc to scan local mail

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Richard McLean wrote:
> As expected, milter-clamc marks all local mail from 127.0.0.1 as OK,
> as per the sendmail access.db. Is there an easy way to override this
> just for milter-clamc? I'd like it to scan everything.
>
> I've tried:
> milter-clamc-Connect:127.0.0.1  SKIP
> milter-clamc-Connect:localhost  SKIP
> milter-clamc-Connect:localhost.localdomain  SKIP
>
> but that doesn't seem to work.

That's because localhost exceptions are hard coded into my milters
normally. Too many people manage to shoot themselves in the foot with
broken access.db entries.

Try the following patch in milter-clamc.c, filterOpen(), near line 208:

	access = smfAccessHost(&data->work, MILTER_NAME "-connect:",
client_name, data->client_addr, SMDB_ACCESS_OK);

change to:

	access = smfAccessHost(&data->work, MILTER_NAME "-connect:",
client_name, data->client_addr, SMDB_ACCESS_UNKNOWN);

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search