[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1621
From: Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster
Date: 2007-07-18 22:38:14 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-null: good bounces are also rejected

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Colin,

Milter-null has a bug that prevent good bounces from being recognized.  The
current version identifies all bounces as not originating on the server.

I modified the code so that it ignores the date when it calculating the
X-Null-Tag.  The X-Null-Tag still is unique since it is based on the
recipient email address, the message-ID and the secret word.

The modified version works correctly.  Add this line after blank lines 395
and 492:

		data->sent = 0;

So that diff shows this result:

diff milter-null.c.org milter-null.c.mod
395a396
>               data->sent = 0;
492a494
>               data->sent = 0;

Jim
-----
Jim Hermann <hostmaster@UUism.net>
UUism Networks <http://www.UUism.net>
Ministering to the Needs of Online UUs
Web Hosting, Email Services, Mailing Lists
-----