[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1617
From: DAve
Date: 2007-07-05 15:45:48 -0400
Subject: Milter-ahead segfaulting

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Good afternoon, I had to restart one of my MXs this afternoon and I am
no longer able to get milter-ahead up and working. Nothing changed on
this server, it has been running over a year with no issues.

Note that this server is due to be replaced with an upgraded OS and all
applications, but first I got to get it working again.

I checked the obvious issues, the socket was removed, the pid was
removed, perms are ok (checked against my notes and another running
server). I checked ldconfig to ensure the milter libs are available as
well. Nothing has been changed in the sendmail.cf.

The server is running FreeBSD 5.2.1 Release
Sendmail v 8.14
Milter-Ahead v 0.8 (We have purchased a license and received v 1.6 but
it will have to wait for the OS upgrade, it will not install on this
machine.)
libSnert v 1.40

Logs show connections refused by the socket,

sendmail.cf,
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter-ahead',`S=unix:/var/lib/milter-ahead/socket,
T=C:1m;S:30s;R:6m;E:1m')dnl

milter-ahead start line,
  /usr/local/sbin/milter-ahead -t 120 -T 120 -c 3600 -f
/etc/mail/sendmail.in.cf -v all unix:/var/lib/milter-ahead/socket

State dir perms,
drwxr-xr-x  2 smmsp  smmsp      512 Jul  5 15:37 .
drwxr-xr-x  4 smmsp  wheel      512 Mar 11 01:21 ..
-rw-------  1 smmsp  smmsp  2928641 Jul  5 14:37 cache.db
-rw-------  1 smmsp  smmsp        6 Jul  5 15:37 pid
srw-------  1 smmsp  smmsp        0 Jul  5 15:37 socket

Any advice is dearly welcomed here.