[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1523
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2007-04-02 10:27:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Does such a milter exist...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> What I'm saying is my mind has started brain storming ideas. So I guess
> that it means it is possibly worth while. I would still suggest using
> milter-cli to prototype the idea before I waste a day or so coding,
> testing, and documenting a new milter.

*nod*

> Connect: is typically better for B/W listing than From: However, I'm
> thinking can there be instances when the connecting client or sender can
> dictate group?

I would think so.  Consider if you will a company that is running such
milters with a help desk that is responsible and needs the ability to
send just about any piece of email, i.e. to test things.  You would want
a location (subnet) to be white listed such that they could do their
job.  Granted there are other ways around this though.

>> Will you please explain why you would want to handle postmaster / abuse
>> any different than other recipients?
>
> I was thinking aloud on previous ideas of how I might do it as a
> milter-cli script, since that works at DATA. It's not important for a
> generalised milter.

Ah.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search