[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1509
From: Paul Houselander
Date: 2007-03-19 09:54:58 -0400
Subject: failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db"

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi

Ive been trying to get milter-null going.

Ive installed

milter-null-0.3
libsnert-1.63

on CentOS 4.4 with sendmail 8.13

Ive set all the permissions as requested in the
http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-null/#Installation

but everytime I start milter-null I get

failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db" in the maillog.

Ive tried creating a /etc/mail/milter-null.cf file with the following

secret=test
verbose=all
run-user=root
run-group=root

and still get the same "failed to open .... " message.

I then tried to use a different access-db by creating one in tmp i.e.

makemap hash /tmp/test.db < /etc/mail/access

then set the permission on /tmp/test.db to 666 and added

access-db=/tmp/test.db to the milter-null.cf

I verified the file was being read by checking the output of

milter-null -help

But I still get the - failed to open "/tmp/test.db"

Any advice on what to try next?

Thanks

Paul

Lists Index Date Thread Search