[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1506
From: Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster
Date: 2007-03-19 08:38:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-null Core Dump

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I'm running milter-null 0.3.10 with libsnert 1.63.892

The OS is Fedora Core 4 - Linux version 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp

It's running Version 8.13.7 with libmilter.h,v 8.51 2006/01/04

Sysctl reports:
error: "kern.nosuidcoredump" is an unknown key
I think that Fedora dropped the ability to dump core for suid programs.

Does milter-null have to run as a suid program?  I have the user and group
set to root, so it is not a feature that I use.

I'm having trouble just identifying which program is crashing the box, so
all I need is the PID.  The offending program does not log anything and it
crashes within seconds.

Jim

7116561      http://www.snertsoft.com/