[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1483
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-03-07 14:06:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-null not working?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Henry Kwan wrote:
> localhost.localdomain           RELAY
> localhost                       RELAY

These are a BAD idea. Special crafted DNS entries can take advantage of
these entries for open relay purposes. Not sure if Claus did anything to
handle that case. I always tell people to remove them since the
127.0.0.1 entry is sufficient.

> 127.0.0.1                       RELAY
> musicalfruit.com                RELAY

Also you should always prefix you entries with Connect:, From:, To: as
required, since the untagged entries I read are deprecated in sendmail.

I see from your log sample why milter-null doesn't work:

Mar  6 12:26:46 beans milter-null[12387]: map="access"
key=16:"musicalfruit.com" value="RELAY" rc=0

Mar  6 12:27:21 beans milter-null[12387]: 00001 l26KPqAt012432: white
listed earlier, skipping message

You'll want to add to access.db:

milter-null-to:				SKIP

or

milter-null-to:musicalfruit.com		SKIP

to avoid hitting the untagged entry for musicalfruit.com, which acts as
global white list entry.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search