[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1425
From: Michael Elliott
Date: 2007-02-06 15:20:17 -0500
Subject: Re: FreeBSD, db1.85 and milter-bcc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 10:24:51PM -0500 or thereabouts, Scott Reber wrote:

> I am using FreeBSD 6.2.  I have installed db4.4.  I have configured
> libsnert-1.62 using "--enable-cache-db-185".  I  still get "failed to
> open "/etc/mail/access.db": Invalid argument" when I try to start
> milter-bcc 1.2.  Is there something I missed?
>
> If I can't coerce milter-bcc to talk db1.85, how can I compile sendmail
> to use db4.4 on a FreeBSD system?  Is there a way to build a "special"
> version of makemap that uses db4.4?  Then I could use a separate db
> file.

> Scott Reber

In /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
	MAKE_ARGS = {
    		'sendmail' => 'SENDMAIL_WITH_BERKELEYDB=yes SENDMAIL_WITH_BDB_VER=44'
		}
Or at least something close to that.  They keep changing the define
flags every couple of versions with sendmail.

Sendmail will create a new makemap and stick it in /usr/local/sbin.
So,
In /etc/make.conf:
	MAKEMAP=/usr/local/sbin/makemap
will activate the new makemap in the makefiles used in /etc/mail/.
Then you need to touch all your mail databases and rebuild them.

And of course, recompile libsnert with the db44 library.

-Mike Elliott

Lists Index Date Thread Search