[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1424
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2007-02-06 13:31:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Per user settings

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
>> If you are wanting individual recipient settings, I'd suggest that you
>> run Milter-Sender on the main inbound server so that you have a verified
>> sending email address to successfully bounce things to.  Then have an
>> internal server that uses the max number of recipients per message of 1
>
> Actually I've heard that sendmail supports explicit "do always"
> recipient splitting as an option as opposed to as needed. So settings
> max. recipients is probably unnecessary if the first stage of two is
> told to always split recipients.

I'm not sure / don't care (for the sake of discussion) who does the
splitting.  I was just implying that the first server should accept
things as they come in (don't enforce splitting by failing additional
recipients) so as to be compatible with as many MUAs / MTAs as possible.
  Have either the first server configured to send individual recipients
to the second server, or the second server configured to temp fail
additional recipients thus causing the first server to resend Temp
Failed recipients.  However it would be even better to configure
Sendmail to speak LMTP between the first and second server so that the
message from the first server could be transfered to the second in one
transaction for all recipients in such a manner that the second server
could filter and respond accordingly for each individual recipient.
This would allow for transferring messages in <size>+<overhead> fashion
required for multiple transactions.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search