[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1355
From: Ken A
Date: 2006-12-06 12:12:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Line lengths & milter-link

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Quentin Campbell wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> We are still experiencing an intermittent problem with milter-link
> (0.3.16).
>
> Most of the time it correctly whitelists messages from hosts on our
> internal network but sometimes it fails to. Thus a message with a
> particular URL is whitelisted one day but the next day that URL causes
> the message to be rejected.
>
> On all the mornings that I have had "verbose=info,trace,db" set the
> messages have been correctly whitelisted. Due to the volume of traffic
> at this site I cannot leave this level of debugging running 24/7.
>
> I am desperately casting around for possible explanations for this
> behaviour! The messages in question contain records extracted from web
> proxy logs. The record length can thus exceed 1k. Could the length of
> records in a message cause milter-link to ignore whitelisting entries in
> access.db?

Anything in your maillog about 'access.db' ?
I had something similar happen a while back and since have put
milter-link in with a few other things that restart every couple hours.
I am not sure what caused it here, but have had no problems since. See
subject: "milter-link issue" in the mailing list archive.
Ken A.
Pacific.Net