[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1319
From: Ken A
Date: 2006-12-01 14:15:55 -0500
Subject: Re: milter null dying

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> Same here.  I check milter-null every 5 minutes and have to restart it 1-3
> times per day.
>
> I think the problem involves an Alarm interaction with Milter itself.

I'm checking every 1 minute, since when it dies it doesn't go away. It
stays running, and prevents mail from being accepted, even though the
milter docs say F= (or absence of F) in the sendmail.mc config should
cause sendmail to ignore it upon an error state. In this case, whatever
error state it's going to is keeping it from dying properly. HTHs.

Ken A.
Pacific.Net