[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1307
From: Mathias Koerber
Date: 2006-11-30 04:25:45 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-gris still blacklisting the same tripel

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Michael Elliott said the following on 30/11/2006 16:27:
> The other workaround is to put the following in the milter-gris.cf file.
> # Grey list block time in seconds.
> block-time=10
>
> I have seen legitimate retries in 30 seconds from fast hosts.

sure, but that's not really the issue.
Also, in this case the attempts come 1.5 hours apart or so..

> But, you have a second problem.  Your milter-gris process keeps changing
> process ids, so it is continuously crashing and restarting.  Notice the
> milter-gris[8554]: 00028, it is really milter-gris[process_id]:
message_number_processed
> and you are not going over 100 before you move on to a new process id.

I am actually restarting it by cron every 30 minutes because it started to
hang.

I think the real issue is that it seems to be creating the cache-file,
but never writes to it..
Caching seems to work fine, but it loses the cached info when it stops/restarts.

> Suggestions:
> 1) recompile with Rene's patch again.  The line with "-" should be deleted,

> and the lines with "+" should be added, without the leading +/- on them.

I know how to use patch :-)

Lists Index Date Thread Search