[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1270
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-11-18 03:38:15 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-abook tags all messages as [UNKNOWN]

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jon Freeland wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out if I can't read or if I'm retarded or if there is just
> a simple explanation for all of my problems with milter-abook.
>
> The way I read the tag line for it is any messages coming in from people I have
> never sent email to _should_ get tagged as [UNKNOWN]. However, if I send an
> email to joe@bob.com, then that address should get added to the cache, and if
> joe@bob.com sends me any emails, they should pass through with no tagging.
>
> My mail server and the server running the filter are on two separate machines.

Your inbound and outbound mail servers must both share the same cache.
Currently the only way to do this is have the milter run on one machine
and have the second machine use an internet socket to consult the milter
on the first machine. If you have TWO separate instances of the milter,
you have two separate caches; using NFS to share the caches is not
advised due to file locking issues typical of NFS.

I have a solution to sharing caches in the works, but its not yet been
integrated into the milters.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search