[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1155
From: Mathias Koerber
Date: 2006-09-29 09:46:57 -0400
Subject: milter-gris doco

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Moin,

I'm new to milter-gris, so please bear with me.
Pointers to example files (access db entries and
milter-gris.cf) would be appreciated.

regards

There seems to be a problem with the milter-gris documentation.

1. The access-db entry for

> milter-gris-Auth:auth_authen	 RHS-value
> milter-gris-Auth:              RHS-value
>
> All mail from the authenticated sender, as given by sendmail's
> {auth_authen} macro, is blind-carbon-copied to the addresses
> constructed from the RHS-value list explained below. The string
> searched by the pattern list will be the sender-address. The
> empty form of milter-gris-Auth: allows for a milter specific
> default only when {auth_authen} is defined.

That seems to be the description from the milter-bcc:Auth which was
pasted but not adjusted to reflect the correct RHS syntax?

2. Further down there is this recommendation:
> When using the -f option, you should place the local host and your
> local network in the access database. For example:
>
>     Connect:127.0.0.1		OK
>     Connect:192.168.1		OK

There is no documentation for a -f option !

3. Some examples for entries in the access.db would be appreciated,
other than those with message limiting.
Especially how milter-gris handles entries with 'OK' 'RELAY'
as in 2. above (ie w/o specific milter-gris-XXX prefix in the key).

4. Does the timeframe for message limits in the RHS of access.db
control how long an entry stays whitelisted?

Can I say	milter-gris:1.2.3		-1/5d
and		milter-gris:good@sender.com	-1/2d

to whitelist these for 5 and 2 days respectively?
Which would be used if a mail came from good@sender.com via IP 1.2.3.4?

5. How does one simply whitelist a recipient address?
    milter-gris:email@address.com	-1/1 ?

6.  How can one whitelist a specific ip,mail,rpct tupel?

thanks
Mathias

Lists Index Date Thread Search