[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1142
From: Tyler G. Spires
Date: 2006-09-20 09:32:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter Creation Question

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I explored trying to make the socket map work and was unable to.  So I
returned back to the milter solution option.

I have a milter that works under test conditions (low message load),
however once I put the system the milter dies rather quickly; however we
do have a very busy mail server (e.g. 150,000 - 200,000 messages a day).

I was wondering if I could get you get to take a look at my milter and
see if anything obvious jumps out at you.

I am seeing one message in the error logs that I have been unable to
track down.  The message from /var/log/maillog is:

Sep 19 15:07:35 sabre22 milter-listcheck[8858]: milter-listcheck:
private data not NULL

Milter-list check is the name of my milter.  Basically its purpose is to
communicate with our LDAP server via a custom protocol to see if the
envelope (smtp mail from) is allowed to send a message to the recipient
(smtp rcpt to) primarily for closed mailing lists and such.

If you are willing to take a look at my C code I can either send it
directly to you or post it to the mailing list (which ever you prefer).

Thank you so much for your time, and again, the milter-ahead program is
outstanding.

-Tyler Spires
Wittenberg University