[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1141
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-09-20 04:52:44 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-limit grows bigger and bigger over time

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Panagiotis Christias wrote:
> I've noticed that our milter-limit processes grow bigger and bigger
> over time. For example, one of them (milter-limit 0.11.77/libsnert
> 1.61.829) running since the 7th of July on a FreeBSD 5.3 occupies
> 250MB of memory (232MB resident). Is this normal?

Four critical memory related bugs were found in libsnert 1.61 and 1.62.
They are most likely the cause of this. They have been fixed in 1.63 for
some time, but I haven't yet released this version yet.

If you or anyone else would like to try an *unofficial* release of 1.63
to verify that it resolves this issue, contact me off list.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search