[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1135
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-09-06 05:30:47 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-length configuration

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Angelo Iannello wrote:
> The process dont log now too.
> this is my syslog.conf:
>
> *.info;*.!warn;\
>
> authpriv.none;cron.none;mail.none;news.none;local6.none;local5.none;local4.n
> one         -/var/log/messages
> *.warn;\
>         authpriv.none;cron.none;mail.none;news.none     -/var/log/syslog
> *.=debug                                                -/var/log/debug

All the debug level messages, which the milters use for more of verbose
levels appear to be going here.

> authpriv.*                                              -/var/log/secure
> cron.*                                                  -/var/log/cron
> mail.*                                                  -/var/log/maillog

Though a copy should also appear here.

> access-db=/etc/mail/access.db

What are the file permissions here? Do they correspond to what is
described in

	http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-length/#Notes

> +daemon
> file=/etc/mail/milter-length.cf
> interface-ip=
> interface-name=
> milter-socket=unix:/var/spool/milter-length/milter-length.sock
> milter-timeout=7210
> pid-file=/var/run/milter-length/milter-length.pid
> -rfc2821-domain-length
> -rfc2821-literal-plus
> -rfc2821-local-length
> +rfc2821-syntax
> +reject-percent-relay
> +reject-rfc2606
> +reject-unknown-tld
> run-group=milter
> run-user=milter
> -smdb-key-has-nul
> -smdb-use-stat
> -smtp-auth-ok
> verbose=all
> work-dir=/var/spool/milter-length/tmp
>
> I have given privileges on process and directory  like councils on the your
> site, but without succeeding some.
>
> The only thing that I see is a segmentation fault with creation on core when
> the process leaves with a -daemon.
> example:
>
> [0][root@luna:/usr/local/sbin]# ./milter-length -daemon
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If you have a core, I would be interested in logging onto the machine to
use gdb and review the issue.

Please contact me off-list.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search