[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1084
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-08-04 18:28:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-ClamC "450 4.7.1 anti-virus session write error"

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Taylor, Grant wrote:
> 450 4.7.1 anti-virus session write error
>
> According to the Snert web site this is because "There was a problem
> passing input to the clamd session.".
>
> Does any one have any idea what possible causes for such an error would

Have you checked if the clamd process has died? I've seen it die
sometimes after a freshclam update.

Anyway, I've recently changed this in milter-clamc for the next release:

    !	Accept the message in the event of an clamd socket error,
    	instead of temporaily rejecting the mail. Better to let
    	the mail keep flowing. Sometimes clamd disappears.

> be?  most of my email is flowing through the virus scanner just fine.
> The only thing that comes to mind is that the message is 10,765,302 byes
> in size and that it may be tripping some sort of size filter that is set
> up in side of clamd.

Possibly. Never thought of that. You try setting

	clamd-max-size

about 64KB smaller than clamd's max size and see if milter-clamc is more
graceful when it knows to limit message size. Note that because of how
the sendmail / milter passes date, clamd-max-size is convert into max.
number of 64KB chunks rounded up. So if you specify clamd-max-size=32,
it would actual do 64KB.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search