[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1059
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-07-20 12:33:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Experiences with caching and milter-ahead

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> --On 19. Juli 2006 18:41:56 +0200 Anthony Howe <achowe@snert.com> wrote:
>> Also I hope to address the issue of sharing caches in all of my milters
>> that use them by this fall with a new caching solution. I have a design
>> in mind and plan to implement this summer.
>
> That's good to hear. Hm, now I wonder if I misunderstood that statement
> ... are you talking about the caches for more than one milter on the
> same machine? In our case (four separate milter servers) it would
> actually be nice to be able to keep the cache on a central server. We do
> that for our own greylisting implementation by using a central MySQL
> server. But that's not what you had in mind, is it?

I plan to write a intra-system shared cache mechanism so that grey
listing and call-ahead caches can be shared between multiple systems in
a simple, safe, and redundant manner. At least that is the cunning plan
that should work once I find and kill Baldric...

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search