[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1030
From: Rose, Bobby
Date: 2006-07-13 12:33:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Concerning SnertSoft "phone home" Code & License Disclosure

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

FYI  I've seen this same kind of function in other software.  A couple
years ago, I was using Demarc and snort and the Demarc product went
commercial under the name of PureSecure.  It has the same kind of
licensing assurance code whereby the product sends info back to the
vendor.  So it's not as uncommon as people might think.