[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1018
From: JPP
Date: 2006-07-10 10:24:38 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-link thinks all email is Auth'd OK? - SOLVED

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Good Day!

Glad to let ya know that the MilterMacros were indeed the problem. I changed
them to reflect the ones in that post below and the problems went away.

An old milter must have set the ones we were using awhile back and they were
apparently not sufficient. Thought never occurred to me, and a search of the
list does not show that post when I searched for 'milter-link'. Sorry.

Thanks for the help!
Now its tweaking time...
Seems the milter has some issues with links that are valid but only after a
login, or timed for sessions and do not work properly when its checking them.
I disabled that check. Not much can be done with it, honestly, if the link
does not work it does not work! (for whatever reason)

Other than that, and some overzealous listings in some of the blacklists, its
working as advertised. It even avoided double checking email forwarded from
the gateway server once that was set in the access.db - good show.

Thanks again.

JPP

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 17:47:49 +0200, Anthony Howe wrote
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> JPP wrote:
> > On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 14:24:30 +0200, Anthony Howe wrote
>
> > Ok - question is why since there is no entry denying or accepting this IP/
> > Host or address in the access.db?
>
> Are you
>
> a) Relaying mail from some other server process on the same machine via
> 127.0.0.1? The loopback address is hard coded white listed.
>
> b) On some sort of virtual machine setup? This came up before with Jim
> Galley, where sendmail macros and other bits of info don't get set
> correctly when the sendmail process is in a VM. Sendmail needs to see
> the connecting client IP for some of its actions and to pass onto the
> milters. Talk to your hosting provider.
>
> > Milter entries for one email that got delivered (from the milter list):
> > Did this email get scanned or was it whitelisted as it states at the
bottom?

> > Jul  9 08:45:52 smtp-gw sendmail[1363]: k69EjqQs001363: Milter (milter-
link):
> > init success to negotiate
> > Jul  9 08:45:52 smtp-gw milter-link[1364]: 00119 NOQUEUE:
filterOpen(806d8a0,

7116561      http://www.snertsoft.com/

--
FRWS WebMail (http://www.frws.com)
Cause you deserve Spam and Virus free email...

Lists Index Date Thread Search