[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1002
From: G1OGY \(Dave\)
Date: 2006-07-09 10:32:47 -0400
Subject: milter-link Build error: take #2

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I (me) wrote:

> Hello List
> Is this my gcc being particularly picky?
> [gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)]
> It was happy enough with milter-null!

What I should have said was:

	It was happy enough with milter-null, build 2

It croaks on the current offering (4).

In looking harder, I note that the code in the `that's all folks` function has changed
from:
[in milter-null, build 2]

<code>
        if (smfOptQuit.string != NULL) {
                /* Use SIGQUIT signal in order to avoid delays
                 * caused by libmilter's handling of SIGTERM.
                 * smfi_stop() takes too long since it waits
                 * for connections to terminate, which could
                 * be a several minutes or longer.
                 */
                exit(killProcess(smfOptPidFile.string, SIGQUIT) != 0);
        }

        if (smfOptRestart.string != NULL) {
                (void) killProcess(smfOptPidFile.string, SIGQUIT);
                sleep(2);
        }

</code>

to:
[in milter-null, build 4 and current milter-link]

<code>
        if (smfOptQuit.string != NULL) {
                /* Use SIGQUIT signal in order to avoid delays
                 * caused by libmilter's handling of SIGTERM.
                 * smfi_stop() takes too long since it waits
                 * for connections to terminate, which could
                 * be a several minutes or longer.
                 */
                exit(pidKill(smfOptPidFile.string, SIGQUIT) != 0);
        }

        if (smfOptRestart.string != NULL) {
                (void) pidKill(smfOptPidFile.string, SIGQUIT);
                sleep(2);
        }

</code>

And, as in the current code run, there is no explicit pre-declaration.
My C is pretty ropey - is `killProcess` a built-in, while `pidKill` is not?

Many thanks

-D

<configure & build output removed for brevity>

--
Dave Gilligan, G1OGY

Lists Index Date Thread Search