[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 967
From: Steve Campbell
Date: 2006-06-08 11:50:58 -0400
Subject: milter-limit.cf file

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I am just starting to use milter-limit. The installation refers to an
example /etc/mail/milter-limit.cf file, which was not installed. I would
like to get a feel for the format of this file, please. Should it be
something like:

p later v info
-p later -v info

or what? Maybe parameters on separate lines? This is just a guessing game
right now.

I have tested and the second appears to be proper, but are there any other
things that go in this?

Posting the sample might be nice.

As a side note, I tested using my account, placing a limit of 1 message per
10 minute period. I then sent myself 2 messages. The log file indicated
proper trapping, but said "Rejected". About fifteen minutes later, I
received the second email. Can someone explain, firstly, if "reject" is
displayed when the email is to be later delivered, what is the timing of the
retry and how it is configured (is this the sendmail retry), and where the
message is queued until redelivered? I am guessing that the message receives
a new msg ID, but I didn't explore this until after the message was
delivered. My main concern is that I would like to use this on a mailing
list to limit the output. If these are queued somewhere other than the
normal df/qf files, should I allow for the extra disk space or anything like
that?

Thanks for any help. I have been googling for an answer, but haven't hit the
right words yet. I have found the post and response of Jan./2006 on the
archives, but the similar question was not answered specifically.

Steve Campbell
campbell@cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers

Lists Index Date Thread Search