[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 947
From: sladewig
Date: 2006-05-30 08:56:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Building milter-sender BerkeleyDB

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
> More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
> Barry Quiel wrote:
>> Trying to build milter-sender 1.10 on Solaris 10 and I can't get it to
>> link to libdb. When I do a ldd it says file not found for libdb-4.2.so.
>>
>> I used the with-db option and I set a LDFLAGS with a -R option.  I
>> didn't have any problems when I built .62.837.  And I didn't have to
>> use a -R option when I built .62.837.
>
> What does the -R option do?
>
>> I am building the new version of milter-sender on the same machine
>> with the same compiler, same environment settings, etc.
>>
>> I really don't want to set an LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Any suggestions?  Am I
>> just missing something stupid?
>
> What did the libsnert ./configure summary report? Typically you say:
>
>     cd com/snert/src/lib
>
>     ./configure
> or
>     ./configure --with-db=/path/to/install
>
>     make clean build
>     cd ../milter-sender
>     ./configure
>     make clean build
>     sudo make install
>
> If BDB is in /usr/local or /usr, libsnert ./configure should find it. An
> alternative method is to specify:
>
>     cd com/snert/src/lib
>     CFLAGS=-I/path/to/includes LDFLAGS=-L/path/to/lib ./configure

What you really need here on solaris is:

CFLAGS=-I/path/to/includes LDFLAGS="-L/path/to/lib -R/path/to/lib"

The -R is the part the "list of directories used to  specify
library  search  directories". This way you don't need the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables at runtime.

The -L is the part used during initial linking.

Or as a lesser (and messier) alternative use crle to config the system
configure runtime linking environment and include the directory where
libdbd is located.

Lists Index Date Thread Search